On Friday, Cincinnati City Councilmember Jeff Pastor introduced a motion to examine police practices after an investigation by the Ohio Center for Investigative Journalism, the Cincinnati Enquirer, and Stanford University’s Big Local News program found that blacks and black neighborhoods were more likely to be traffic stop targets.
Read the full story on the Cincinnati Enquirer’s website.
- Investigation: Blacks, black neighborhoods most likely to be traffic stop targets in Ohio’s 3 biggest cities
- Sidebar: Can an officer’s perception of you alter your ticket? Biracial man’s ‘white’ tickets dismissed, ‘black’ tickets sustained
- Sidebar: Beleaguered Cincinnati agency probing stop complaints rarely faults cops
- Methodology and Caveats: See step by step how we calculated the results.
- Access the data: Stanford’s Big Local News Project